DISCOVER THE INFINITE POSSIBILITIES OF ARASHI
Discovering the possibilities of Shibori is addictive and leads you deeper on your creative journey.
If you are keen to explore and experiment, the versatility of the Arashi Workshop is perfect for you! “Arashi” is the Japanese word for storm and, as the name says, the traditional version of this technique resembles heavy rain in a storm.
The beauty of Arashi is in it's movements. We love arashi because it portrays impressions of water with several variations.
The patterns are striking, organised but organic in design, and with elements of the unknown that is always in play when working with shibori.
The playful nature of Arashi opens the imagination to countless possibilities: there have been many modifications to modernise this technique that vary the size, direction and scale of the stripes, according to the way the fabric is wrapped around the pole, the angle at which it is wrapped, whether the fabric is pleated before wrapping, and much more.
In this workshop we refresh the basics of arashi and explore some of it's endless possibilities: Get ready to play with different base fabrics such as silk, cotton and linen to create new Arashi possibilities through different dyes, colours and folds.
Experiment with new colours combinations by adding colours to or removing colours from the fabric, discover the infinite options!
BRING: Anything you want to dye. Everything is provided but we encourage you to bring things from home to up-cycle. Remember to wear comfortable, non precious clothes and a smock or apron.
Pepa and Karen cater to private social groups, corporations and schools.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your group If you aren’t located in Sydney we have a comprehensive online video.
BY PURCHASING A PLACE IN A SHIBORI WORKSHOP YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHIBORI WORKSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS
By signing up to a shibori class you agree to the following terms and conditions
1. Bookings are made online (www.shibori.com.au) Alternatively you can call us on (02) 9560 0997 Monday to Friday 10am till 4pm.
2. Full payment is required to reserve a place in any class.
3. A reminder email will be sent to your nominated email address a few days before the class.
4. If you can’t attend a class for any reason, refunds are not available– but can be transferred with 14 days notice.
5. We have a class minimum are 6 people and in the event we don’t make them you be offered a refund or class transfer.
6. If we need to cancel a class, we may do so at any time before the class begins. We will offer a full refund or you can choose an alternative class that suits you.
7. Upon purchasing a place in any of our classes you agree that we are not responsible for any theft or injury that could occur in our premises or in our workshops.
8. This website is owned and managed by Pepa Martin and Karen Davis of Shibori, Shop 30A Salisbury Road, Stanmore NSW 2048 AUSTRALIA. – Shibori will never share any information with a third party, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and if you wish to unsubscribe at anytime, please email email@example.com.